Panel discussion at The Mobility Project, Coventry, UK
Saturday, 21 January 2012
14:00 until 17:00
The Meter Room, 58-64 Corporation Street, Coventry, United Kingdom
Panel Discussion as part of Clarke Gallery exhibition The Mobility Project
On Saturday 21st January from 2-5pm an afternoon consisting of a performance, presentations, talks & discussions takes place with all exhibiting artists of The Mobility Project – and Alfredo Cramerotti as ‘Curator-in-Action.’
Artists of The Mobility Project are Simon Clark, Elly Clarke, Enda O’Donoghue, Kerstin Honeit, Rebecca Pittam, plan b/Sophia New & Dan Belasco Rogers, Fedora Romita and Kym Ward.
Line up is as follows:
1. Brief Intro by Elly Clarke
2. “Meta-meat-mobility” – 30 minute performance by Kym Ward. This performance is about the relationship of the body to an idea of mobility, the limitations of the body / personality under the demands of intellectual labour.
3. Artist-led tour of the exhibition
4. “Serendipity” by Enda O’Donoghue – in relation it to Google and the Serendipity Engine, connections and chance both online and off
5. “Mobilising Loss” 15-20 min presentation by Simon Clark. Discussion of the artist’s postcard project in relation to the rest of his practice and the space of imagination. Via Walter Benjamin, Holbein’s Dead Christ and Simon Clark’s song/video I go to church to count the pews.
6. Janneke Adema: ‘Reflections on open and mobile art. A Round Table Report’
7. plan b will talk about their practice of recording everywhere they go with a GPS and delve through some of their data to show what rubbings they are making of cities and how their tiny scribbles on earth have come to be the drawing of their lives.
8. Elly Clarke – short discussion of Clarke Gallery and mobile exhibitions, leading to open discussion.
All welcome. Free admittance. Tea will be provided. Please dress up warm as the gallery can be a bit chilly!
We are very grateful to Arts Council England, Coventry Council Small Arts Grants and Culture Ireland for supporting this project. This event will be recorded.
Link to Facebook event page: http://www.facebook.com/events/225204030888935
Meter Room: http://www.meterroom.org/
Artist links may be found here: http://www.clarkegallery.de/index.php?%2Ffriends–associates%2F
Curator-in-action links here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alfredo-Cramerotti/276793275676146 & http://www.alcramer.net